From unicorns to crowd zorbing: Did The Flaming Lips just put on the most over-the-top show The LCR has ever seen?
- Credit: Annie Catwoman
American rock band The Flaming Lips brought their latest tour to Norwich on Monday night and fans were not disappointed.
Concert goers could only expect the unexpected as Wayne Coyne and co took to the stage at The University of East Anglia's Nick Rayns LCR on June 26.
From start to finish the show was one big party, with streamers, giant mushrooms, inflatable creatures, rainbows and a light-up unicorn which the lead singer rode around the room as he sang the group's new song, There Should Be Unicorns.
If that wasn't enough, Coyne also tried his hand at crowd zorbing, going out into the audience inside a large transparent plastic orb.
Concert goers have taken to social media to share their thoughts on the psychedelic gig.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Burrage said: 'Great night last night at University of East Anglia watching Flaming Lips. First time seeing them and they didn't disappoint.'
Similarly Alan Brookland Tweeted: 'Flaming Lips were awesome in Norwich tonight.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
• Did you see The Flaming Lips at the LCR? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.