From unicorns to crowd zorbing: Did The Flaming Lips just put on the most over-the-top show The LCR has ever seen?
- Credit: Annie Catwoman
American rock band The Flaming Lips brought their latest tour to Norwich on Monday night and fans were not disappointed.
Concert goers could only expect the unexpected as Wayne Coyne and co took to the stage at The University of East Anglia's Nick Rayns LCR on June 26.
From start to finish the show was one big party, with streamers, giant mushrooms, inflatable creatures, rainbows and a light-up unicorn which the lead singer rode around the room as he sang the group's new song, There Should Be Unicorns.
If that wasn't enough, Coyne also tried his hand at crowd zorbing, going out into the audience inside a large transparent plastic orb.
Concert goers have taken to social media to share their thoughts on the psychedelic gig.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Burrage said: 'Great night last night at University of East Anglia watching Flaming Lips. First time seeing them and they didn't disappoint.'
Similarly Alan Brookland Tweeted: 'Flaming Lips were awesome in Norwich tonight.'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
• Did you see The Flaming Lips at the LCR? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.