From unicorns to crowd zorbing: Did The Flaming Lips just put on the most over-the-top show The LCR has ever seen?
- Credit: Annie Catwoman
American rock band The Flaming Lips brought their latest tour to Norwich on Monday night and fans were not disappointed.
Concert goers could only expect the unexpected as Wayne Coyne and co took to the stage at The University of East Anglia's Nick Rayns LCR on June 26.
From start to finish the show was one big party, with streamers, giant mushrooms, inflatable creatures, rainbows and a light-up unicorn which the lead singer rode around the room as he sang the group's new song, There Should Be Unicorns.
If that wasn't enough, Coyne also tried his hand at crowd zorbing, going out into the audience inside a large transparent plastic orb.
Concert goers have taken to social media to share their thoughts on the psychedelic gig.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Burrage said: 'Great night last night at University of East Anglia watching Flaming Lips. First time seeing them and they didn't disappoint.'
Similarly Alan Brookland Tweeted: 'Flaming Lips were awesome in Norwich tonight.'
- 1 Teenager charged following Norwich triple stabbing
- 2 Letters inform households of bin collection changes
- 3 Police cordon off woodland near beach
- 4 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop
- 5 Three stabbed in Prince of Wales Road incident
- 6 Special report: Can Norfolk cope with tens of thousands of extra homes?
- 7 Illegal fishing clampdown nets anglers without a licence
- 8 Hay stack in west Norfolk still blazing after 10 hours
- 9 'Roads will clog up in the northern villages' : Fears over 665 homes bid
- 10 Overturned tractor blocks north Norfolk road
• Did you see The Flaming Lips at the LCR? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.