Free sample of Cromer's Seaside Special
Richard BatsonAn appetiser for Cromer's summer pier show will be served up this week - with the public able to get a glimpse of the stars as they limber up for the season.Richard Batson
An appetiser for Cromer's summer pier show will be served up this week - with the public able to get a glimpse of the stars as they limber up for the season.
A short free sample of the Seaside Special will be staged in the parish hall at noon on Thursday, as the popular production opens the usual press launch to the public for the second year running.
There is a familiar face headlining the show. Wild-haired comic Keith Simmons, who did three seasons at the show with his brother Alan, is back with his son Ben, an all-rounder who can also sing and play the piano.
There is also a return for ukulele virtuoso Andy Eastwood, and most of the dancers, led by captain Aby Kate.
You may also want to watch:
Young local magician Luke Cook, who was chosen through an EDP-backed Find a Star contest, is joined by singers Victoria Scott and Aston Dobson - under the direction of show creator Di Cooke.
Promoters Openwide International will also be announcing a new Friday matinee children's show - Schools Out - It's Show Time - with a young cast mentored by their senior counterparts aimed at introducing new audiences to live theatre.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
The main show, which opens on June 20, is teaming up with First Eastern Counties buses for the first time, in a bid to see more people travel to the shows by public transport, with 2 for 1 show offers for people with a valid ticket and voucher from the bus company's website.