Free festival fun in the Adnams Spiegeltent
- Credit: www.paulharrisonphoto.co.uk
By night the Adnams Spiegeltent is the stage for circus spectacle and late live music, but by day the iconic Norfolk & Norwich Festival venue is this week opening its doors to an array of community events.
Everything from a toddler tea dance to singing workshops to crafts and banner-making are among the free daytime events being held in the colourful mirror tent that has sprung up in Norwich's Chapelfield Gardens for the festival.
Rose de Lara, from the festival's participation and engagement team, said: 'For the fifth year running we are throwing open the doors of the magnificent Spiegeltent to local community groups and facilitators.
'We have curated an exciting and inclusive programme of fun, and interactive free activities that we hope appeal to a wide range of the community. This is a great opportunity to take part in something new for free, including dancing, singing and crafts - and for those of you that are maybe just curious to see inside this special venue – now's your chance! We hope to see you there!'
Today the free programme of events in the Adnams Spiegeltent kicked off with two bounce and rhyme time sessions run by Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library for children aged five and under at 9.45am and 10.30am. This is being followed this afternoon from 1pm to 3.30pm by a craft and banner-making workshop open to all as part of Artichoke's Processions project celebrating 100 years since women achieved the right to vote.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow there is a toddler tea dance from 10am until 12pm followed by Sing Your Heart Out running two singing workshops for adults at 1.30pm and 2.45pm. Both Sing Your Heart Out workshops are different so people can choose to go to either one or both of the sessions.
There will also be music and song from 10am on Thursday when Fledgling Music presents an interactive musical theatre event for youngsters aged five and under.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
On Thursday afternoon from 1pm Age UK is inviting everyone to take part in an afternoon social and enjoy tea and cake, dancing, singing and arts and crafts.
For more about all these free events as well as the Adnams Spiegeltent evening events, times and tickets prices, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk
Norfolk & Norwich Festival runs until May 27.