Free milkshakes on offer to Cromer visitors this weekend
- Credit: Eleanor Pringle
The latest addition to Cromer's high street is a blast straight out of the USA's 1950s.
Shakes, Rattle and Roll, Cromer's new milkshake takeaway will be opening with a bang as they offer free milkshake tasters to thirsty customers on July 1 from 12-4pm.
The business is run by father and son duo Leon and Keith Waldek, who have always dreamed of moving to Cromer and setting up their own business.
Leon, 37, said: 'I've been coming here with my parents since I was a kid. I moved here and worked as a chef in the area to get an idea of what people here liked, what flavours they like and what business would work well.'
He quickly came to discover that an authentic milkshake take away was just what the seaside town needed.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: 'The menu has everything, from traditional shakes for the more elderly people for that nostalgic sense, to bubblegum flavours for the kids. My personal favourite is the salted caramel.'
His father Keith added: 'We did a lot of research into the best ice cream to use for the shakes, and settled on the locally made Alburgh ice cream which has cream from Jersey and eggs produced here in Norfolk. It's the most expensive ice cream we tried but we don't want to cut corners.'
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
The pair have also set themselves apart by offering dairy free and gluten free options on the menu, meaning that vegans can also enjoy the product.
'The thing is we're only selling one product so we want people to walk away saying 'This is amazing!' not 'This is okay',' Leon continued. 'We also want to work on diabetic shakes and we'll also be doing special shakes for Hallowe'en, Christmas, Easter. We've got a peanut butter and jelly shake for the 4th of July.'
His father, who lives in Roughton continued: 'I'm excited to be working with Leon, this is all his idea and we'll be working hard as we're open 10am to 6pm every day, but we're really looking forward to it!'
Leon continued: 'We want to be here for 12 years not 12 months, we're committed to modernising and bringing something a bit different to Cromer.'
To visit the shake takeaway, visit their website or find them at 11 Hamilton Road, Cromer.