Free milkshakes on offer to Cromer visitors this weekend
- Credit: Eleanor Pringle
The latest addition to Cromer's high street is a blast straight out of the USA's 1950s.
Shakes, Rattle and Roll, Cromer's new milkshake takeaway will be opening with a bang as they offer free milkshake tasters to thirsty customers on July 1 from 12-4pm.
The business is run by father and son duo Leon and Keith Waldek, who have always dreamed of moving to Cromer and setting up their own business.
Leon, 37, said: 'I've been coming here with my parents since I was a kid. I moved here and worked as a chef in the area to get an idea of what people here liked, what flavours they like and what business would work well.'
He quickly came to discover that an authentic milkshake take away was just what the seaside town needed.
He continued: 'The menu has everything, from traditional shakes for the more elderly people for that nostalgic sense, to bubblegum flavours for the kids. My personal favourite is the salted caramel.'
His father Keith added: 'We did a lot of research into the best ice cream to use for the shakes, and settled on the locally made Alburgh ice cream which has cream from Jersey and eggs produced here in Norfolk. It's the most expensive ice cream we tried but we don't want to cut corners.'
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 10 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
The pair have also set themselves apart by offering dairy free and gluten free options on the menu, meaning that vegans can also enjoy the product.
'The thing is we're only selling one product so we want people to walk away saying 'This is amazing!' not 'This is okay',' Leon continued. 'We also want to work on diabetic shakes and we'll also be doing special shakes for Hallowe'en, Christmas, Easter. We've got a peanut butter and jelly shake for the 4th of July.'
His father, who lives in Roughton continued: 'I'm excited to be working with Leon, this is all his idea and we'll be working hard as we're open 10am to 6pm every day, but we're really looking forward to it!'
Leon continued: 'We want to be here for 12 years not 12 months, we're committed to modernising and bringing something a bit different to Cromer.'
To visit the shake takeaway, visit their website or find them at 11 Hamilton Road, Cromer.