Four nights to aid Norwich Arts Centre
COLIN WILSON There is a four-night music festival at Norwich Arts Centre, in support of the NAC's Auditorium Appeal, starting on Wednesday August 25 and running until Saturday August 28 with each night having a different musical theme.
There is a four-night music festival at Norwich Arts Centre, in support of the NAC's Auditorium Appeal, starting on Wednesday August 25 and running until Saturday August 28 with each night having a different musical theme.
The line-up at the St Benedict's venue is as follows:
t Wednesday – Acoustic Roots Night featuring Horses Brawl, Mary-Jane Evans and Louise Collins.
t Thursday – Americana Night featuring The Deadstring Brothers from Detroit, Lisa Redford and Eastern Seaboard.
t Friday August 27 – Indie Night with Wombat Wombat featuring Japanese digital punkers Yumi Yumi, Lee Gordon Trio, Help She Can't Swim and Sub. Howlback Hum in the café/bar features The Rebeccas and The Cruiser Chimps.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 8 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 9 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 10 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
t Saturday August 28 – Latin Dance Night featuring The Son Salsa Band and the flamenco guitar of Carrie Martin. Doors 8.30pm.
Tickets for each concert are £5. Doors open 8pm except where stated. All nights will feature DJs in the café/bar, visuals and barbecue in the garden.
For ticket information call the NAC box office on 01603 660352 or visit www.norwichartscentre.co.uk