Former Norfolk bluesman returns for Norwich gig which will be recorded live
Blues man Oli Brown returns to his former home county for his last gig of 2012 and is recording it for a live DVD release in 2013.
The ex north Norfolk musician will appear at the Norwich Waterfront on Sunday December 16 for his usual pre-Christmas visit to home soil.
This year has seen Oli, a former Sco Ruston resident and Paston college student, win yet another British Blues Award to go alongside his previous trophies.
He took the Best Young Artist title for the second year, adding to his previous triumphs in the Best Band, Best Album, and Best Vocals categories, following votes from the public.
The year also saw the release of his third album Here I Am, which has topped the iTunes, Amazon and HMV charts for both CD and downloads in the UK and Europe and has just been voted the number 2 album of the year by Blues Matters magazine.
The album was also released in America to great reviews and saw it chart over there too.
This year the Oli Brown Band has toured in the UK, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain, Canada and America, as the touring barely stops for breath.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
The traditional end of the year gig at Norwich will be recorded for a live DVD and live CD, which will be released in early 2013.
Oli, an ex Broadland High pupil who has also 'toured' Norfolk high schools to introduce youngsters to the blues, said: 'I hope that we can have as good a night as we have had in previous years. I really wanted to record my live DVD in Norwich as everyone there has been so good to me. We will be taking photos of the audience and will include some of them in the DVD and CD sleeve inserts.'
For more information about Oli, who now lives in Yorkshire, go to www.olibrownband.com and for a free download of a track from the current album, go to www.olibrownband.com/download.
To book tickets for Oli Brown at The Waterfront on December 16, call 01603 508050.