Former Norfolk blues man Oli Brown heading back to county with his new rockier band
- Credit: Archant
Musician Oli Brown is making a festive return to his old home county - with a different look and sound.
The former Paston College student who made a name for himself as a blues guitarist and singer has now formed a rock band called Raveneye.
His annual visit to the Waterfront at Norwich will be a chance for fans to sample the new set up.
Former Sco Ruston resident Oli, now 25 and living in Milton Keynes, is fronting a trio which aims to deliver a high energy rock act.
He is best-known in Norfolk for his Oli Brown blues band which played for 10 years, made four albums. He also recorded and performed in the USA and Canada.
You may also want to watch:
Oli said: 'I wanted to show what else I can do rather than just be known for the blues.
'I grew up with hard rock music listening to Audioslave and Soundgarden and have been writing music based around riffs.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
'Some of the songs I have written are deeper, about personal experiences, others are just about feeling good.
'There is a lot of jumping and a lot of sweating,' said Oli.
He did not want to alienate the people who had loyally supported him in the past, but hoped they would go to the gig to see his new direction.
'I am also looking forward to coming back to Norfolk to look around and meet up again with old friends,' he added.
Drummer Kev Hickman and bassist Aaron Spiers complete the line-up of Raveneye who have already been gigging in Spain, France and Italy as well as supporting Joe Satriani on his European tour.
The Norwich gig (from 7.30pm) on December 15 is ahead of a UK tour next year.
Tickets £10 (over 14s only) from the box office on 01603 508050 or www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
More about the band on www.RavenEyeOfficial.com or www.Facebook.com/ItsRavenEye