Foolhardy troupe’s new show celebrates 250 years of circus
- Credit: Archant
Juggling, aerial splendour, clowns and colourful costumes are taking centre stage at a show which highlights the 250-year history of the circus.
Foolhardy Circus is presenting the show Whoops! at Wroxham Barns, near Norwich, and the performance takes its audiences on a journey through the art form and features a 250-year-old clown and many more circus delights.
It will be one of many celebrations of the landmark circus anniversary taking place locally in 2018 as Norwich, along with Great Yarmouth, is one of six Cities of Circus picked to be the focus of the Circus250 festivities.
Foolhardy Circus's own story goes back to 1985.
Cosmo Hardy, one of the troupe's original members and who has been clowning for 35 years and is the current artistic director, said: 'We have tried to create a show that reflects Circus250 this year, celebrating 250 years of circus, and we are part of that tradition. My own family goes back to the music halls in the 1860s.'
You may also want to watch:
Whoops! is at Wroxham Barns until April 15. Visit www.wroxhambarns.co.uk and www.foolhardycircusarts.org
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall