Foolhardy troupe’s new show celebrates 250 years of circus
- Credit: Archant
Juggling, aerial splendour, clowns and colourful costumes are taking centre stage at a show which highlights the 250-year history of the circus.
Foolhardy Circus is presenting the show Whoops! at Wroxham Barns, near Norwich, and the performance takes its audiences on a journey through the art form and features a 250-year-old clown and many more circus delights.
It will be one of many celebrations of the landmark circus anniversary taking place locally in 2018 as Norwich, along with Great Yarmouth, is one of six Cities of Circus picked to be the focus of the Circus250 festivities.
Foolhardy Circus's own story goes back to 1985.
Cosmo Hardy, one of the troupe's original members and who has been clowning for 35 years and is the current artistic director, said: 'We have tried to create a show that reflects Circus250 this year, celebrating 250 years of circus, and we are part of that tradition. My own family goes back to the music halls in the 1860s.'
You may also want to watch:
Whoops! is at Wroxham Barns until April 15. Visit www.wroxhambarns.co.uk and www.foolhardycircusarts.org
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes