Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Two gastropubs in Norfolk have been named among the best 50 in the UK.
The Gunton Arms in Thorpe Market and The Duck Inn in Stanhoe were featured in the list by Big 7 Travel.
The Gunton Arms, which is located within Gunton Park, was named 20th in the list. The pub was praised for its use of locally sourced ingredients and seasonal produce, such as venison from Gunton's deer park and beef from the herd at Blickling.
Describing the pub's Sunday menu, the travel site said: "Roasts have drool-worthy crackling and crispy spuds, while a Bramley apple and almond tart with clotted cream is the perfect finish."
The Duck Inn at Stanhoe made it to 19th in the list. Big 7 Travel said the pub's food "manages to elevate a meal that is so common and standard around the country to something that is otherworldly."
It added: "It will have your taste buds thanking you for having walked into their pub."
Earlier this year The Duck Inn was named number 43 on the Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropubs list for 2021.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 9 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"