North Norfolk restaurant named among best in world
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A north Norfolk restaurant has been included on a list of the best 1,000 restaurants in the world.
Morston Hall, a country house hotel and Michelin-star restaurant in Holt, earned a spot on La Liste, a compliation of the top eateries across the world.
One of only 54 restaurants from the United Kingdom to make it on the list, Morston Hall received a score of 81.5 out of a possible 100.
The French list awards scores by compiling data from hundreds of guidebooks, of media publications, and millions of online reviews to select the most celebrated restaurants across the globe.
Galton Blackiston, owner and chef patron of the north Norfolk restaurant, said: "I didn’t even know this list existed, probably because it seems a bit out of Morston’s reach.
"It’s an incredible achievement and a tremendous boost to everyone who has worked so hard this year at Morston Hall and that goes everyone, from the lady in reception, to head chef Liam Goldstone, and to house keeping.
"It's all a joint effort."
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 5 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 9 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
The establishment on the north Norfolk coast is well-known for its seven-course tasting menu, which changes every day.
Aside from Morston Hall, the only other restaurant from the East of England to achieve the accolade is Midsummer House in Cambridge.
Guy Savoy, in Paris, tops the list with a score of 99.5.