North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- Credit: Archant
A village in north Norfolk can now lay claim to being home to the second-best fish and chip shop in the country.
Eric's Fish and Chips in Thornham was decreed the second-best by Tide, which analysed TripAdvisor data to find the best 'independent fish and chip shop' in the UK. The rankings were based on the restaurant's average rating and the number of reviews they received.
Located on Drove Orchards, Thornham Road, Eric's Fish and Chips has been in business since 2015. With two other locations in East Anglia, the popularity of the restaurant is clear.
Eric's aims to blend nostalgia with a modern European menu, using local ingredients to make their food "simple, fresh, and tasty".
On TripAdvisor, Eric's has 1,209 reviews with an average of four out of five stars, with more than half of these reviews rating it as 'excellent'.
You may also want to watch:
Reviewer, Mary, said that "the fish was out of this world", with another commenting "what a little gem".
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers