Riverside pub launches new takeaway and dine-in menu
- Credit: Gemma Kent
A Norfolk pub located on the edge of the Broads is becoming known as a destination for food as much as for its surroundings.
The Rising Sun in Coltishall has launched two new menus this month and is now offering a weekday set menu and an expanded takeaway menu.
The pub, situated alongside the River Bure's tranquil river bank, also plans to install a new covered area outside complete with heaters.
Gemma Kent, social media and communications manager for the Rising Sun said: "We've had an incredible summer this year and we really appreciate all our customers. We're really excited to be launching our new menus and have lots planned for the festive period.
"Previously, we were mostly just serving our wood-fired pizzas for takeaway but now we have a well-rounded offering, including loaded fries, flatbreads and most excitingly big and satisfying burgers oozing with fillings. Something a bit more special that is sure to hit the spot."
There are a range of burgers on offer but such as a burger topped with blue cheese, homemade bacon jam and pickled onion rings.
Takeaways are available from midday to 7.30pm for final collections at 8pm.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Mrs Kent added: "We've been really busy right up until the end of October, with lots of boats visiting.
"November is often quieter so we thought we'd try something different. Our weekday set menu has proved really popular so far and its great to have so many people visiting during the week."
The set menu offers two courses for £16 and three courses for £20 and is available Monday to Friday from 12pm to 8pm. There are three choices for each course, including a meat, vegetarian and fish option.
"It's glorious here throughout the year" according to Mrs Kent, who said: "We are getting a new outdoor marquee built soon so people can sit outside over the winter months and enjoy the surroundings in comfort."
The Rising Sun, which is part of the Colchester Inns group, will also be offering a Christmas party menu throughout December, and for New Year's Eve an Elvis impersonator is set to deliver the entertainment.
More information about the pub and more details about the new menus can be found here.