Norfolk beer garden named best in country
A Norfolk pub’s beer garden has been named the best in the country at the Great British Pub Awards.
The Brisley Bell, in The Green, Brisley, beat pubs from across the UK to win the 'Best Beer Garden' title in a competition which saw judges travel across the country to find the winner.
Amelia Nicholson and Marcus Seaman bought the pub in 2015 in a derelict state and have since renovated the pub and garden.
The garden was a "labour of love" for the couple.
They invested in new garden furniture and created a whole new outdoor seating area called The Shed.
The Great British Pub Awards is described as the "Oscars of the pub industry" and celebrates the work which pubs do within communities.
The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell in Suffolk was named the best pub for food.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer