Folk on The Pier music extravaganza returning to Cromer
- Credit: Archant
An eclectic mix of folk and rock will be returning to Cromer Pier for a popular weekend music festival which attracts thousands.
The Folk on The Pier event is now its 15th year and will run from Friday May 9-Sunday May 11.
Shows by folk legends as well as up-and-coming acts will be held in the Pavilion Theatre twice a day over the weekend.
A fringe event for musicians will be held in venues across the town, acts and locations to be revealed at a later date.
Organiser Scott Butler said: 'The pier venue is a large part of the magic of the festival. People who come know they will get an exciting and varied show.'
He added it was 'hugely important' to showcase new talent and promised the show would go on despite ongoing repair work to the pier following the December storm surge.
About 3,000 people are expected to attend the festival, which has become a highlight of the year for folk and rock fans across Britain. Afternoon shows in the theatre will happen between 2-5pm and evening shows will take place from 7.30-11pm. About two thirds of tickets have already sold.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
The opening afternoon will include The Willows; Roger Davies; Jez Lowe and the Bad Pennies.
Artists in the evening show are Michael Chapman; Frères Guichen from Brittany; and Jamie Smith's Mabon.
Acts on Saturday are Fabian Holland; Elvis Fontenot and the Sugar Bees; Chris While and Julie Matthews; Tickled Pink; Richard Digence; Ashley Hutchings' 'Morris On' Show.
Sunday performers will be the Mr Aykroyd Band; Harvey Andrews; Brass Monkey; the Young 'uns; Eileen McGann and David K from Canada; and Home Service.
Full weekend tickets cost £90 and concert tickets cost £16 for the afternoon and £18 for the evening.
To book call the Pavilion Theatre box office on 01263 512495.
For more information about the music festival visit www.folkonthepier.co.uk.