Five things to do with your kids in Norfolk this half term
- Credit: Archant
It can be hard to keep your children occupied during the half term break. Take a look at our guide of activities happening in Norfolk over the next week.
•Hilltop Outdoor, Sheringham, February 17 & 18, 10am-4.30pm, Half Day £20 per person & Full Day £38 per person
The Family Adventure Days at Hilltop Outdoor offer an array of outdoor activities such as high ropes, climbing wall, super swing, archery, the big zipper, tree top trail and the brand new activity The Amazing Air Jump – the first activity of its kind in England.
•Boggle Wish Bonfire, Bewilderwood, February 13-21, 10am-5:30pm. Tickets from £9.00
The woodland at Bewilderwood transforms into something more magical this half term. Explore the magical wishes of your favourite Bewilderwood characters to win a prize. You can also make a wish as you explore the treehouse.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 9 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 10 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
•A Viking's Guide to Deadly Dragons, Norwich Castle, 10am-4.30pm, Price included in museum entry.
Inspired by the book 'How to Train Your Dragon', this exhibition will transport you back to the Dark Ages, where Vikings ruled and dragons roamed. With the character Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third as a guide, you will discover the tribe of Hairy Hooligans, his island home of Berk, his dragon Toothless and his quest to become a hero.
•Ancient Oceans, Great Yarmouth Sea Life Centre, 10am-3pm, Online tickets from £9.66.
Young explorers will have to search out a series of prehistoric sea creature clues to earn their Dinosaur Detective certificates as they get up close and personal with some marine creatures.
•Bee A Nature Explorer, Pensthorpe Natural Park, February 13-21, 10am-4pm, Included in standard admission.
On this self-guided tour you will find out more about the wildlife in Norfolk, put your own nest building skills to the test as you build a den and make your very own bird feeder.
•See Thursday's EDP for a full guide on half-term activities in Norfolk and money-off vouchers.