First mythological beasts arrive in Norwich ahead of GoGoDragons! 2015
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Two friendly mythological beasts have been given a warm welcome to Norwich, as the first of a clan of dragons set to take to the city's streets in 2015.
GoGoDragons! is set to follow on from the success of the GoGoGorillas! trail which saw a troop of arty apes decorate our fine city last summer.
They became the stars of summer 2013, and now the first photos of their fire-breathing successors can be revealed.
Specially designed for the Norwich trail by Wild in Art creative director Chris Wilkinson, the first two full-size sculptures arrived in Norwich on Monday.
The pair will be painted by GoGoGorillas! artists Alex Egan and Samuel Thomas, with their final designs being revealed at the Royal Norfolk Show on June 25 and 26.
The trail – which is now looking for sponsors and artists to get involved – is once again being organised by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
For more on this story see tomorrow's paper.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 7 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 8 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 9 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 10 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks