First mythological beasts arrive in Norwich ahead of GoGoDragons! 2015
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Two friendly mythological beasts have been given a warm welcome to Norwich, as the first of a clan of dragons set to take to the city's streets in 2015.
GoGoDragons! is set to follow on from the success of the GoGoGorillas! trail which saw a troop of arty apes decorate our fine city last summer.
They became the stars of summer 2013, and now the first photos of their fire-breathing successors can be revealed.
Specially designed for the Norwich trail by Wild in Art creative director Chris Wilkinson, the first two full-size sculptures arrived in Norwich on Monday.
The pair will be painted by GoGoGorillas! artists Alex Egan and Samuel Thomas, with their final designs being revealed at the Royal Norfolk Show on June 25 and 26.
You may also want to watch:
The trail – which is now looking for sponsors and artists to get involved – is once again being organised by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
For more on this story see tomorrow's paper.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change