First ever Pride in Ely event to take place this summer
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The first ever Pride in Ely celebration will take place this summer.
Pride in Ely 2018 will take place on Saturday, August 11, at Jubilee Gardens Ely from 12pm, followed by the Pride After Party.
The day will be filled with activities for everyone from all walks of life, with many activities suitable for families. The Pride After Party is adults-only and will take place at Riverside Bar and Kitchen (RBK).
Pride is a celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and related identities (LGBT+) culture and pride.
Organisers have said: 'At a time when there have been increasing levels of reported hate crimes we have decided that the first Pride in Ely will help raise the profile of LGBT+ people and also act to demonstrate support in our community.'
You may also want to watch:
The public are invited to join the formal launch of Pride in Ely 2018 in RBK on Friday, February 23, at 7.30pm.
Pride in Ely is also looking for sponsors, stallholders and entertainers for the event. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch