First ever Pride in Ely event to take place this summer
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The first ever Pride in Ely celebration will take place this summer.
Pride in Ely 2018 will take place on Saturday, August 11, at Jubilee Gardens Ely from 12pm, followed by the Pride After Party.
The day will be filled with activities for everyone from all walks of life, with many activities suitable for families. The Pride After Party is adults-only and will take place at Riverside Bar and Kitchen (RBK).
Pride is a celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and related identities (LGBT+) culture and pride.
Organisers have said: 'At a time when there have been increasing levels of reported hate crimes we have decided that the first Pride in Ely will help raise the profile of LGBT+ people and also act to demonstrate support in our community.'
You may also want to watch:
The public are invited to join the formal launch of Pride in Ely 2018 in RBK on Friday, February 23, at 7.30pm.
Pride in Ely is also looking for sponsors, stallholders and entertainers for the event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region