First craft beer week to take place in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The first Norwich Craft Beer Week is to take place in the city this month.
Kicking off on Friday, August 18 the week will run until Sunday August 27, with events taking place at various venues.
The week is being organised by Craig Cutting, 31, and Jake Thorogood, 31, two keen home brewers who wanted to celebrate the growing number of breweries and craft beer bars in the city.
Mr Cutting said: 'Our aim was to start small. We planned to have around 10 events but it has organically grown and now we have over 30 events across the city.
'These range from special offers to open mic nights and craft beer festivals. We are also holding our own home brew competition with brewers from Woodfordes, Adnams, Brewdog and All Day Brewing judging.'
You may also want to watch:
Various breweries have also created exclusive beers, with The Plasterers Arms making a pineapple and Kampot pepper beer and Adnams brewing a Double Ghost Ship.
Norwich Craft Beer Week begins at Harper Wells on August 18. For more information or to buy tickets, visit norwichcraftbeerweek.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village