First act on stage revealed for Big Weekend with less than 24 hours to go
- Credit: PA
It's less than 24 hours before the Radio 1 Big Weekend kicks off at Earlham Park, and with booked-up hotels, DJs arriving and site almost ready, the excitement is building.
The first act on the main stage tomorrow at 1pm is 5 Seconds of Summer, and on Sunday Olly Murs will get the crowd going, joined on stage by Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw.
Presenters have already begun to arrive in the city, with Grimshaw hosting his breakfast show from the Forum in Norwich this morning.
People living near the site can listen out for sound checks, with final preparations under way.
Helen Selleck, Norwich City Council's culture and events manager, said: 'We hope everyone has the most amazing time.
'We'll be capturing all the fun, as it happens, and tweeting from Earlham Park. Happy Big Weekend to one and all!'
•The EDP and Evening News will run a live blog on the Big Weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Tweet your pictures, selfies and views from Earlham Park to @EDP24 and @EveningNews using the hashtag #BigWeekend to get involved.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 9 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 10 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
•See Monday's papers for a 16-page supplement on the Big Weekend.