Firm postpones steam weekend
MARK NICHOLLS Plans to hold a weekend festival of steam across Norfolk and beyond have been derailed.
Plans to hold a weekend festival of steam across Norfolk and beyond have been derailed
The Norfolk-based Railway Touring Company says it has had to cancel all three planned steam services on the weekend of October 15, 16 and 17 after track and route scheduling problems would have made the timetable unworkable.
The firm had planned to run the Easterling service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street and back, three Bittern Line shuttles to Sheringham and the Lincolnshire Explorer to Lincoln.
All three tours have now been postponed until April 29, 30 and May 1.
A spokeswoman said: "Although we go to great lengths to ensure our trains run smoothly and to schedule, occasionally, as with any tour business, we are forced to change or postpone tours. In this instance, we are unfortun-ately at the mercy of circumstances beyond our control."
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 9 What's next for 'the biggest development in the region?'
- 10 'You look just like her' Shop worker mistook The Queen for look-a-like
Those booked on any of the trips will receive a letter telling them of the changes in dates and any payments made will be refunded. They will also be given priority to rebook on the new dates.