Firm postpones steam weekend
MARK NICHOLLS Plans to hold a weekend festival of steam across Norfolk and beyond have been derailed.
Plans to hold a weekend festival of steam across Norfolk and beyond have been derailed
The Norfolk-based Railway Touring Company says it has had to cancel all three planned steam services on the weekend of October 15, 16 and 17 after track and route scheduling problems would have made the timetable unworkable.
The firm had planned to run the Easterling service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street and back, three Bittern Line shuttles to Sheringham and the Lincolnshire Explorer to Lincoln.
You may also want to watch:
All three tours have now been postponed until April 29, 30 and May 1.
A spokeswoman said: "Although we go to great lengths to ensure our trains run smoothly and to schedule, occasionally, as with any tour business, we are forced to change or postpone tours. In this instance, we are unfortun-ately at the mercy of circumstances beyond our control."
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
Those booked on any of the trips will receive a letter telling them of the changes in dates and any payments made will be refunded. They will also be given priority to rebook on the new dates.