Finalists announced in Norwich music competition
- Credit: Archant
The six finalists in a popular city music competiton, which showcases the best of the region's up-and-coming talent, have been annouced.
The Next Big Thing 2013 is Future Radio's competition for new and emerging musical acts from the East of England, with previous winners including chart-topping singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran.
They will go head-to-head in the final on Saturday, November 9, in the main hall at Open in Bank Plain.
Last year's stand out winner Raevennan Husbandes will be making a guest appearance while the music industry judges consider which act will take the crown and the prizes for this year.
Doors will open at 7pm, with tickets £5 in advance from Open and the University of East Anglia box office.
You may also want to watch:
Future Radio's Next Big Thing 2013 had more than 70 applications from musicians based in Norfolk or Suffolk, who entered for a chance to win a host of prizes, including a slot at Homegrown Festival in 2014, a full day's use of the theatre-space at The Garage for the use of recording a promotional video, studio sessions at Future Studios and Open studios, a professional photoshoot from JMA Photography, and a poster and flyer package worth £100 from Premier Print.
Future Radio station manager Terry Lee said: 'Future Radio's Next Big Thing Final promises to be a special evening.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
'The talent in this region is fantastic, and this competition brings it to the surface.
'We are all looking forward to an evening of great music from six of the best new acts in the region, as well as a set from last year's winner Raevennan Husbandes, who has outstanding talent.'
More information about the competition is available at www.futureradio.co.uk/nextbigthing