Final night for 'Madchester' retro night
VINCE YALLOP Manchester baggy era celebration In The Bag has been a bi-monthly mainstay upstairs at The Waterfront in Norwich for over a decade, but that comes to an end this Saturday, June 2.
Manchester baggy era celebration In The Bag has been a bi-monthly mainstay upstairs at The Waterfront in Norwich for over a decade, but that comes to an end this Saturday, June 2.
Thousands have enjoy dancing to tracks from the likes of the Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Charlatans, Primal Scream and Flower Up.
The night celebrated 10 years in February, but now venue bosses think its time for a change.
In the main auditorium the region's biggest indie/rock club night Meltdown will feature a promotion for The Twang's debut album Love It When I Feel Like This, which is released on Monday.
Ironically, The Twang's sound is heavily influenced by the retro baggy sounds upstairs!
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
Entry £4.50, NUS £3.50.