Filming begins on new Alan Partridge series for BBC One
- Credit: BBC WorldWide 2018/Andy Seymour
Alan Partridge will return for a new show This Time With Alan Partridge, the BBC has announced.
Filming has begun on the news series, starring Steve Coogan as the titular character.
The series will see radio DJ Partridge return to live television for the first time since his 90s chat show Knowing Me, Knowing You.
The show will see Alan handed a career lifeline - the chance to stand in, temporarily, as co-host on This Time, an evening weekday magazine show.
Joining Steve Coogan on the sofa will be Susannah Fielding as his female co-presenter Jennie Gresham, and Tim Key as Simon 'formerly Sidekick Simon' Denton.
You may also want to watch:
The show will be a mix of consumer affairs, current affairs, viewer interaction, highbrow interview and lightweight froth.
Written by Neil Gibbons, Rob Gibbons and Steve Coogan, it will air on BBC One later this year.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 10 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families