Figurines, bags, badges and more created to celebrate the GoGoHares
- Credit: Mark Ivan Benfield
With less than a month to go until the GoGoHares decorate Norwich, children's charity Break has launched a range of mementos to celebrate the stars of the sculpture trails.
Fifty GoGoHares will be dotted around Norwich during the summer along with more than 160 leveret - or young hare - sculptures, meanwhile a further 18 GoGoHares are set to hop over to other parts of the county.
Together the GoGo characters will form three different trails which are being brought to Norfolk by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
The sculptures that have been revealed ahead of the GoGoHares taking to the streets are already proving a hit, and now a selection of merchandise - including figurines, tote bags and badges - has also been created in their honour to raise funds for Break.
News of these new mementos follows the announcement that the EDP and Evening News have also teamed up with Break and East of England Co-op to create a special GoGoHares sticker album which is available to pre-order now.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Rooney, head of commercial services at Break, said: 'It is great to see supporting merchandise to celebrate the trail and Break's 50th anniversary. We hope people really enjoy the trail and are able to take a little momento home to remember their summer of 2018.'
The full range of merchandise includes two figurines - one of the golden GoGoHare Osc-Hare and one of the silver GoGoHare Chrome-Hare - as well as tote bags, tea-towels, badges, a cuddle hare, books and Emma Bridgewater mug. Later in June there will also be postcards on sale.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
Carole Slaughter, marketing manager for Jarrold which is the GoGoHares official merchandise partner, said: 'Jarrold are delighted to be once again supporting Break, this time with the GoGoHares project. We very much look forward to the start of the GoGoHares trail and to welcoming people to the store to see our stunning hare – Mr Harebean.'
The GoGoHares trail of 50 hares in Norwich will run from June 24 until September 8. There will also be a second city trail of leverets created by schools, sports clubs and community groups, and a third trail around the county of 18 moongazer hares.
GoGoHares merchandise will be available from selected Break shops, Jarrold's Norwich department store and The Forum shop, and online at www.jarrold.co.uk
For more information, visit www.gogohares.co.uk and follow @GoGoHares2018 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.