Festive favourites to fill Norwich’s St John the Baptist Roman Catholic cathedral as University of East Anglia choirs perform
- Credit: Archant
The festive season will be celebrated at a Christmas carol concert planned for Norwich's St John the Baptist Roman Catholic cathedral.
The University of East Anglia's 170-strong choir and 30-member chamber choir are joining forces for the December 14 event, under the direction of UEA choirmaster, Tom Primrose.
Singers are planning to perform music by Rutter, Vaughan Williams and Holst, as well as popular Christmas carols.
The concert will also feature performances from the UEA's new community choir and a solo by organist William Falconer.
A spokesman said: 'If you would like to celebrate the festive season, with many of your favourite carols, in one of Norwich's most historic buildings, come and join us.'
Tickets are £9 or £6 concession, available by calling 01603 626414 or online at www.uea.ac.uk/music-centre/events/tickets. The performance starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree