Festive favourites to fill Norwich’s St John the Baptist Roman Catholic cathedral as University of East Anglia choirs perform
- Credit: Archant
The festive season will be celebrated at a Christmas carol concert planned for Norwich's St John the Baptist Roman Catholic cathedral.
The University of East Anglia's 170-strong choir and 30-member chamber choir are joining forces for the December 14 event, under the direction of UEA choirmaster, Tom Primrose.
Singers are planning to perform music by Rutter, Vaughan Williams and Holst, as well as popular Christmas carols.
The concert will also feature performances from the UEA's new community choir and a solo by organist William Falconer.
A spokesman said: 'If you would like to celebrate the festive season, with many of your favourite carols, in one of Norwich's most historic buildings, come and join us.'
Tickets are £9 or £6 concession, available by calling 01603 626414 or online at www.uea.ac.uk/music-centre/events/tickets. The performance starts at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital