Festive family fun at Blickling Hall
Beautiful decorations, twinkling lights, music, storytelling, Christmas crafts, mulled wine and Father Christmas will be some of the attractions at Blickling Hall this festive season.
On December 6/7, 13/14, 20/21 the Blickling Christmas weekends will take place between 11am-5pm.
A courtyard will be full of gift ideas, mostly produced by local crafts-people on December 6/7 and 13/14.
A marquee will be packed with family entertainment, with storytelling, puppet shows and even the retelling of the First World War Christmas truce on December 20/21.
Father Christmas and his elves will also be visiting that weekend.
To book in advance (£3 per child) www.nationaltrust.org.uk/blickling or call 0844 2491895.
The historic house will be decorated by candlelight on Thursday December 11 and Thursday December 18 at 6pm, 7pm and 8pm.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
Entertainment will be provided by the Blickling Singers, Windmill Handbell Ringers and Roddy with his hurdy gurdys.
Advanced booking is essential and tickets cost adults £20 and children £10 (aged 5-16 years).
Book online www.nationaltrust.org.uk/blickling or call 0844 2491895.