Festive family fun at Blickling Hall
Beautiful decorations, twinkling lights, music, storytelling, Christmas crafts, mulled wine and Father Christmas will be some of the attractions at Blickling Hall this festive season.
On December 6/7, 13/14, 20/21 the Blickling Christmas weekends will take place between 11am-5pm.
A courtyard will be full of gift ideas, mostly produced by local crafts-people on December 6/7 and 13/14.
A marquee will be packed with family entertainment, with storytelling, puppet shows and even the retelling of the First World War Christmas truce on December 20/21.
Father Christmas and his elves will also be visiting that weekend.
You may also want to watch:
To book in advance (£3 per child) www.nationaltrust.org.uk/blickling or call 0844 2491895.
The historic house will be decorated by candlelight on Thursday December 11 and Thursday December 18 at 6pm, 7pm and 8pm.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Entertainment will be provided by the Blickling Singers, Windmill Handbell Ringers and Roddy with his hurdy gurdys.
Advanced booking is essential and tickets cost adults £20 and children £10 (aged 5-16 years).
Book online www.nationaltrust.org.uk/blickling or call 0844 2491895.