Fatboy Slim at UEA
COLIN WILSON For the first time Fatboy Slim tours the UK and brings his One Way Ticket to Palookaville tour to the UEA, Norwich, on Thursday, October 21 (it's a sell-out!).
For the first time Fatboy Slim tours the UK and brings his One Way Ticket to Palookaville tour to the UEA, Norwich, on Thursday, October 21 (it's a sell-out!).
After a summer playing festivals across Europe, including a headline slot at Roskilde in front of 60,000 people, one of the world's favourite DJs comes home. Fatboy Slim started the year playing to 300,000 people in Rio and will now play this tour to capacities no bigger than 1500.
Quirky and distinctive, there is no mistaking the return of Fatboy Slim. While it would be easy for Norman Cook to rest on his superstar DJ status, his passion for making music remains as strong as his passion for playing it. It has been four years since the last Fatboy Slim album, the two million-selling Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars, a record that topped charts all over the world and took more than 12 months to tour.
Cook always planned on taking a break before recording its follow-up. But what he didn't know was that by the time he returned to the studio last year to begin work on Palookaville, the Fatboy Slim sound would have undergone a transformation. Rather than the sample-based songs that first made Fatboy famous, Cook decided he wanted to work with real musicians. It was the first time he had made a real distinction between Fatboy the DJ and Fatboy the artist.
The first single from the album, Slash Dot Dash was the right calling card to show Fatboy Slim was back in business. A mix of old and new Fatboy, the plan was to throw in a bit of Buzzcocks and White Stripes. The album also features vocal contributions from Damon Albarn and Bootsy Collins.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
In an exciting twist, main support on the tour will be provided by a band. Fatboy Slim will be joined on all dates by unsigned Brighton band Jonny Quality who also appear on Palookaville.
t Doors 8pm-1am. Call 01603 508050 for news on any returned tickets.