Family May Day event to take place in one of Norwich’s parks
- Credit: Archant
The annual May Day family event at Norwich's Heigham Park is back.
It will take place from 11am to 4pm on bank holiday Monday, May 7.
A range of activities for the whole family are planned to make it a low cost, fun day out.
Among the activities are donkey rides, Punch and Judy, face painting, 18 stalls, a refreshment tent, BBQ, funfair and more.
Admission is free and has been organised by local churches, St Thomas', St Anne's, St Peter's and URC.
You may also want to watch:
Viv Betts, of the May Day committee, said: 'It's lovely to see so many local families enjoying the day out without getting ripped off with high prices.
'Friends from the four local churches work together well to plan the event and we thank all who contribute to the May Day Fund. We are grateful for volunteers who help on the day and if anyone would like to offer their services for next year, please see one of the stewards.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park