Family May Day event to take place in one of Norwich’s parks
- Credit: Archant
The annual May Day family event at Norwich's Heigham Park is back.
It will take place from 11am to 4pm on bank holiday Monday, May 7.
A range of activities for the whole family are planned to make it a low cost, fun day out.
Among the activities are donkey rides, Punch and Judy, face painting, 18 stalls, a refreshment tent, BBQ, funfair and more.
Admission is free and has been organised by local churches, St Thomas', St Anne's, St Peter's and URC.
You may also want to watch:
Viv Betts, of the May Day committee, said: 'It's lovely to see so many local families enjoying the day out without getting ripped off with high prices.
'Friends from the four local churches work together well to plan the event and we thank all who contribute to the May Day Fund. We are grateful for volunteers who help on the day and if anyone would like to offer their services for next year, please see one of the stewards.'
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode