Fairies fly in for birthday event in north Norfolk
Flitting fairies will be bringing their magic to north Norfolk this spring as the Fairyland Trust celebrates a milestone.
The Norfolk-based charity's 10th annual Fairy Fair will be held among the ancient woods and lakes of Holt Hall on May 29 and 30 from 10am to 5pm, and tickets for the popular event are due to go on sale from Monday, March 21.
Stilt-walking musicians, the Ugly Bug Band, walkabout acts and a Norfolk food market will be among attractions which will also feature workshops on making magic wands, fairy crowns, fairy gardens, wildflower gardens, wizard shields, magic potions, fairy books, witches pets and magic lanterns.
A Pixie Post office, storytelling, trails to the Fairy Queen, beer tent for adults, a pirate fete, and cooking with trolls sessions will also be on offer.
The trust uses the fairs to introduce families to flowers, wildlife and trees which feature largely in the workshops and other events.
Abbie Panks, from The Fairyland Trust, said: 'It just seems right to honour our decade of introducing the magic of nature to children by celebrating our birthday with a big Fairy Fair. We've added some great new activities and hope to have a birthday banquet too. We're still firming up final details for the event but it's certainly looking like being our best yet.'
Entry costs �7.50 for children, �10 adults or �30 for a family ticket (workshops extra). Under threes go free.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
Tickets can be booked via www.fairylandtrust.org