Fadlos Kidz production of Les Miserables will be dedicated to the memory of teenager Ellie Loades
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham's youth theatre group is dedicating its next show to a young member who died last year.
Ellie Loades from Colkirk was an enthusiastic member of the cast and backstage crew of Fadlos Kidz but her death after a lifelong battle with cystic fibrosis last November at the age of 16 devastated the close-knit group.
After a charity was set up by parents Nick and Elaine Loades in her memory - Ellie's Love - the cast of Les Miserables (school edition) which is to be performed at Fakenham Community Centre next month, decided to dedicate the show to Ellie.
They will be donating the money collected in buckets after each performance to the charity and are organising more fundraising events.
Mr and Mrs Loades attended a rehearsal last week to see how the show was shaping up and were delighted to watch a section of the show and to be involved in the cast photograph wearing T-shirts specially made up in the colours of the charity.
The Kidz have also dedicated two of their awards, given at the end of the show run each year for effort, to Ellie as it was agreed by all that she always put in a huge amount of effort with such little fuss.
The cast of 40 ageing from seven to 19 years old have been rehearsing since January for this epic production. Despite it being a schools' edition the singing has not been made any easier for them and each principal is learning and getting to grips with singing the same words and notes as those performing in the West End.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 NCFC LIVE: Spirited City held to 0-0 draw by in-form Wolves
Fadlos Kidz production of Les Miserables School Edition is being performed at Fakenham Community Centre from July 8 - 12 at 7.30pm. The box office is now open at Sugar and Spice in Fakenham and the tickets cost £7.50.
Ellie's friends and family are invited to attend the opening night and enjoy a buffet afterwards. Contact Nick Loades on 07889 157895 to book tickets.
For more information about the show or the group visit www.fadlos.co.uk or find them on Facebook or Twitter.