Exhibition from young artists set to open at Norwich Playhouse as part of Olympic legacy project
A new exhibition from two young artists is opening at Norwich Playhouse on Friday.
Work from Meg Douglass-Ellis, 17, from Barford, and Jennifer Meredith, 18, from Felixstowe, will be exhibited at the theatre's Upper Gallery throughout June.
Norwich Playhouse has donated the exhibition space to the duo as part of the 'somewhereto_ 'project, which is being coordinated locally by arts and community development charity Creative Arts East.
Funded by Legacy Trust UK, which is tasked with creating a lasting impact from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the project is aimed at young people aged 16 to 25.
Emma Brough, exhibition coordinator at Norwich Playhouse, said: 'Norwich Playhouse is honoured to be able to give Jennifer and Meg the opportunity to exhibit their artwork in our upper gallery space. 'Somewhereto_ is a fantastic project, and we are so glad to be able to donate this space and help give these two young people a chance to show their artwork to the public.'
You may also want to watch:
Meg Douglass-Ellis added: 'Somewhereto_ provides support for people who actually want to do something for themselves because they know they have a talent that deserves to be nurtured.
'This Somewhere_to project is an amazing opportunity for me because I'd love to have my work in galleries, and it's really hard to get chances to do so.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
The exhibition is open until Saturday, June 30, between 10am and 6pm.
For further details, contact Creative Arts East on 01953 713390 or go to www.somewhereto.com