Excitement builds as Fakenham Racecourse gets set to play its part in the Tour of Britain
- Credit: Ian Burt
Excitement ahead of the Tour of Britain is building in Fakenham ahead of the seventh stage of this year's professional road race.
Officials from North Norfolk District Council and Fakenham Racecourse gathered yesterday in Fakenham, where the penultimate stage will set off from on September 12 at 10am.
The gates at the racecourse will be open from 7.30am on the day.
After leaving the racecourse, the riders will pass through Fakenham town centre and head towards Guist, Foxley, Bawdeswell and Reepham before reaching Cawston and Aylsham.
Tom FitzPatrick, leader of North Norfolk District Council, said: 'It's a fantastic opportunity for people to come out and support some of the best-known names and cycling teams. For north Norfolk it's also a great opportunity to showcase our fantastic district and encourage visitors to stay and find out more about the area.'
David Hunter, chief executive and clerk of the course from Fakenham Racecourse, said: 'We are delighted to be supporting this inspiring national cycling event.
'Hosting the start of The Tour of Britain (Norfolk) offers a great opportunity for the local community to get involved and we hope it will encourage tourists to visit the county again in the future.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
Are you hosting a special event in the Fakenham area on the day of the tour? Email firstname.lastname@example.org