Who is Leon Mallett? Everything you need to know about Norfolk’s X Factor hopeful
- Credit: Dymond / Thames / Syco for ITV.
As Lingwood's Leon Mallett makes it through to the next stage of The X Factor, here's everything you need to know about the young singer.
Name: Leon Mallett
Who is Leon Mallett?
Leon Mallett, who also goes by the stage name Leon James, is a singer from Lingwood near Acle.
The 22-year-old works at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth as a performer alongside his younger brother Alex. Their mother and grandmother also sing at the hotel.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 9 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 10 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
Leon first auditioned for The X Factor in 2014 as part of boy band Fifth Street. The group made it through to the bootcamp stage of the show.
MORE: Norfolk singer hoping for X Factor SuccessAs well as this, he also released a charity single in 2014 in memory of his late father, Andy James who was a popular fixture on Great Yarmouth's Britannia Pier, performing there for eight years.
The song was a remake of one of Andy's tracks called One in a Million and quickly rose up the charts following its release, topping the iTunes reggae chart.
MORE: Leon James charts alongside Beyonce and Eminem with charity song One in a Million GirlThis year Leon took the plunge and returned to The X Factor where he auditioned as part of a duo called ITG (In The Genetics) with his 18-year-old brother.
ITG made it through to bootcamp, where Simon Cowell decided to split up the group and have them perform as solo artists during the Six Chair Challenge.
Leon was successful at earning a place in the next round of the competition, while Alex was sent home.
MORE: Simon Cowell to split up Norfolk singing duo at X Factor BootcampWho is Leon's X Factor mentor?
Leon is in Louis Walsh's category along with Lloyd Mason, Spencer Sutherland, Anthony Russell, Jack Mason and Aidan Martin.
MORE: Norfolk singer vows to return to The X Factor after failing to make judges' housesThe X Factor is on ITV Saturday and Sunday at 8pm.