Everything you need to know about Children’s Week 1 at the Cromer Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Children have been getting into the Cromer spirit as they get involved in a series of activities put on by organisers of the Children's Weeks.
From July 31, children have been crabbing, painting, and dancing their way towards the start of the Cromer Carnival proper.
Organiser of Children's Week 1, Ben Richards, said: 'It's great to have a week completely dedicated to the kids. It really gets them in the carnival spirit and you can feel the excitement as you walk around the tow.'
On August 1, children helped to decorate the Cromer Christmas Float, dedicated to former carnival organiser Tony West, as well as enjoying a spot of crab catching.
Mr Richards, 22, added: 'It's amazing that there are 21 free events all for children, I think it's really important to invest this time into the next generation.
You may also want to watch:
The Cromer Carnival will be running from August 12 until 18.
The rest of the Children's Week events this week are:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Wednesday 2nd August
• 11am: Paint a Stone - Pier Forecourt
Paints provided. Find your canvas, grab the paint and see where you end up.
• 2.30pm: Tide Fight - East Beach
Build the biggest structure from sand to repel the tide, last one standing wins! No rocks allowed.
Thursday 3rd August
• 11am: Beach Sports - East Beach
• 2.30pm: Messiest Meal - East Beach
Baked beans, jelly, custard and more.
Friday 4th August
• 11am: Paper Boat, Raft and Plane Racing - North Lodge Park
Design them, make them, race them!
• 2pm to 4pm
Street Dance Competition - Pier Forecourt
For age groups 7 to 9, 10 to 12 and 13+
Full details and application forms available from the Entry Forms page of the Cromer Carnival website or Marlene's School of Dance, Exchange House, Louden Road, Cromer, NR27 9EF.
• 4pm: Family Disco - Pier Forecourt
Silly games and daft dancing, to round off Children's Week One.
The weekend will then get into full swing featuring a skateboarding competition at Cromer Skate Park and of course, the infamous Soapbox Derby kicking off on Sunday from 11am, with racing getting into full swing at 1pm.