Estate to welcome VW lovers for festival event
- Credit: Archant
Lovers of the iconic VW Camper will be descending on a Suffolk estate this weekend as a music festival takes place once again.
The VW Whitenoise Festival comes to the Euston Estate from Friday to Sunday for its 13th year.
The festival, headlined by Gentleman's Dub Club and Norman Jay MBE, sees VW motors, music and creative arts take centre stage at the Duke of Grafton's expansive estate.
As well as the headliners, extra theatrical and musical acts from across East Anglia include Norfolk based Mind Reader Alex McAleer performing in The Light Bar, Cambridge's Ben Smith, Norwich's The Thinking Men, The Piratones, The Woodland Creatures and Tibetan Night Terrors.
Aerial silks and Drum UK workshops will be on display, free tricky bikes for all to try, a funfair and over 80 eclectic traders selling everything from plants to vintage clothes and retro bicycles.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Haughey, VW Whitenoise event organiser, said: 'We offer something quite unique on the festival circuit with a blend of stunning VW motors, good food, excellent live music and Soul and Skalypso DJ's, glamping options, a retro and custom bicycle competition, creative arts and loads of free activities for families including puppetry magic from the acclaimed Hand to Mouth Theatre.
'We offer all this in a beautiful rural setting at an affordable price and the booking of Gentleman's Dub Club and Norman Jay MBE helps cement our event as a serious musical contender on the local Music Festival scene.'
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
Camping tickets and day passes are available at the venue over the weekend.
The full line-up can be found at www.vwwhitenoise.com
Main sponsor MKM Building Supplies are selling tickets with no booking fees, just a small charitable donation, from their Norwich branch.
Day tickets start from £12.50 per adult and £5 per child. Under 3's are Free.
Parking is free. Discounted family day passes are available too.