Barrister, visual artist and EDP journalist among ten writers selected for mentoring programme
- Credit: Archant
A barrister, visual artist and EDP journalist are among ten aspiring writers selected to take part in a talent development programme run by the National Centre for Writing (NCW).
The centre, based in Norwich, runs the Escalator scheme, which provides support and advice to help the selected writers take the next steps on their writing journey.
Laura Stimson, the NCW's programme manager, said: 'The remarkable quality and number of applications received for Escalator this year demonstrates once again that literature is really thriving in the eastern region.'
EDP journalist Daniel Hickey said: 'Last August I moved to the UK from Ireland and acceptance of the scheme has made that very worthwhile.
'I hope to make the most of the opportunity and look forward to working with my mentor, Anjali Joseph, and the other participants.'
You may also want to watch:
In alphabetical order, the winners are:
• Michael Allen
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 9 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
• Anni Domingo
• Sam Hacking
• Daniel Hickey
• Rob Perry
• Jon Ransom
• Hannah Redding
• Kellee Rich
• Emily Slade
• Tony Warner
This year's mentors are award-winning, critically-acclaimed writers Yvvette Edwards, Daniel Hahn, Anjali Joseph, Ross Raisin and Hayley Webster.