Barrister, visual artist and EDP journalist among ten writers selected for mentoring programme
- Credit: Archant
A barrister, visual artist and EDP journalist are among ten aspiring writers selected to take part in a talent development programme run by the National Centre for Writing (NCW).
The centre, based in Norwich, runs the Escalator scheme, which provides support and advice to help the selected writers take the next steps on their writing journey.
Laura Stimson, the NCW's programme manager, said: 'The remarkable quality and number of applications received for Escalator this year demonstrates once again that literature is really thriving in the eastern region.'
EDP journalist Daniel Hickey said: 'Last August I moved to the UK from Ireland and acceptance of the scheme has made that very worthwhile.
'I hope to make the most of the opportunity and look forward to working with my mentor, Anjali Joseph, and the other participants.'
You may also want to watch:
In alphabetical order, the winners are:
• Michael Allen
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
• Anni Domingo
• Sam Hacking
• Daniel Hickey
• Rob Perry
• Jon Ransom
• Hannah Redding
• Kellee Rich
• Emily Slade
• Tony Warner
This year's mentors are award-winning, critically-acclaimed writers Yvvette Edwards, Daniel Hahn, Anjali Joseph, Ross Raisin and Hayley Webster.