Barrister, visual artist and EDP journalist among ten writers selected for mentoring programme
- Credit: Archant
A barrister, visual artist and EDP journalist are among ten aspiring writers selected to take part in a talent development programme run by the National Centre for Writing (NCW).
The centre, based in Norwich, runs the Escalator scheme, which provides support and advice to help the selected writers take the next steps on their writing journey.
Laura Stimson, the NCW's programme manager, said: 'The remarkable quality and number of applications received for Escalator this year demonstrates once again that literature is really thriving in the eastern region.'
EDP journalist Daniel Hickey said: 'Last August I moved to the UK from Ireland and acceptance of the scheme has made that very worthwhile.
'I hope to make the most of the opportunity and look forward to working with my mentor, Anjali Joseph, and the other participants.'
You may also want to watch:
In alphabetical order, the winners are:
• Michael Allen
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 5 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
• Anni Domingo
• Sam Hacking
• Daniel Hickey
• Rob Perry
• Jon Ransom
• Hannah Redding
• Kellee Rich
• Emily Slade
• Tony Warner
This year's mentors are award-winning, critically-acclaimed writers Yvvette Edwards, Daniel Hahn, Anjali Joseph, Ross Raisin and Hayley Webster.