Erasure announces Thetford Forest gig date
Synth-pop pioneers Erasure have become the second headline act to confirm their place in the Forestry Commission's summer music line-up at Thetford Forest.
The award-winning duo of keyboardist Vince Clarke and singer Andy Bell will play on Friday June 10 as part of their Total Pop! Tour.
The band had a string of hits in the 1980s and 1990s including A Little Respect, Sometimes and Blue Savannah.
After a four-year break from recording and live performance, the tour will coincide with the release of Erasure's new album, planned for release in summer 2011.
Frontman Andy Bell said: 'This wonderful opportunity to perform for the fans in such a unique backdrop feels like just the right way to jump back in to Erasure after a four-year break. We're excited to be playing in the woods and really hope it doesn't rain.'
The announcement follows the confirmation that fellow 1980s supergroup Simple Minds will perform at the forest the following evening, on June 11.
Tickets for Erasure cost �34.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am this Friday from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan