Erasure announces Thetford Forest gig date
Synth-pop pioneers Erasure have become the second headline act to confirm their place in the Forestry Commission's summer music line-up at Thetford Forest.
The award-winning duo of keyboardist Vince Clarke and singer Andy Bell will play on Friday June 10 as part of their Total Pop! Tour.
The band had a string of hits in the 1980s and 1990s including A Little Respect, Sometimes and Blue Savannah.
After a four-year break from recording and live performance, the tour will coincide with the release of Erasure's new album, planned for release in summer 2011.
Frontman Andy Bell said: 'This wonderful opportunity to perform for the fans in such a unique backdrop feels like just the right way to jump back in to Erasure after a four-year break. We're excited to be playing in the woods and really hope it doesn't rain.'
You may also want to watch:
The announcement follows the confirmation that fellow 1980s supergroup Simple Minds will perform at the forest the following evening, on June 11.
Tickets for Erasure cost �34.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am this Friday from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk