Dance spectacle adds Hollywood twist to classic fairy tale
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Talented young performers are taking to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage for a dance spectacle that has given a Hollywood twist to a classic fairy tale.
Cinderella in Hollywood is the latest production from English Youth Ballet and the show sees young local dancers take to the stage with professional performers.
Janet Lewis, English Youth Ballet director, said: 'My idea to set Cinderella in Hollywood came from my love of the glamour of the screen stars from the black and white era. Cinderella dreams of becoming a movie star – just like her late mother. She doesn't know she will fall in love with a prince. The story of the ballet was inspired by the marriage of Prince Rainier of Monaco to the actress Grace Kelly and more recently we have Prince Harry and Meghan Markle too.'
She added: '2018 is English Youth Ballet's 20th Anniversary Year. What better way to celebrate than with a new production for the company.'
Cinderella in Hollywood is at Norwich Theatre Royal tonight at 7.30pm and tomorrow at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. Tickets £10-£23.50.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to book tickets, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media