Eliza Carthy at Norwich Arts Centre
One of the great names behind the resurgence of traditional music in recent years plays Norwich Arts Centre on Thursday, April 16.
One of the great names behind the resurgence of traditional music in recent years plays Norwich Arts Centre on Thursday, April 16 (8pm).
Eliza Carthy has crossed musical boundaries continually through her packed and award-winning 15-year career, which has seen her collaborate with artists as diverse as Wilco, Damon Albarn, Bryan Ferry and Paul Weller.
Twice-nominated for a prestigious Nationwide Mercury Prize, she is also the winner of more than five BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards.
From an early age Eliza was championed by John Peel and Billy Bragg and has been touring on and off since the age of 14. Yorkshire-born and now Edinburgh-based, Eliza grew up as part of traditional music's 'First Family' and divides her time between touring and recording with her parents Martin Carthy and Norma Waterson (as Waterson; Carthy) and numerous pioneering solo and band projects.
Support comes from Duotone.
t 01603 660352 (�15, concs �12.50) Norwich Arts Centre box office; www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing