Ed Sheeran reveals he broke his arm in Suffolk then drank Adnams in the pub
- Credit: ITV
Grammy award-winning singer Ed Sheeran has revealed he sustained his recent injuries in Suffolk.
Appearing on The Jonathan Ross Show, the pop star from Framlingham spoke about the accident which has seen him cancel performances on his upcoming tour.
He said: 'I broke my wrist, my elbow and my rib. I came off a bike quite fast, a bicycle, a pedal bike. I was in Suffolk [going down a really steep hill].
'The thing is, when it happened, I got up and was like, 'That hurt' and then cycled to the pub. Went home, went to sleep and then woke up at five o'clock in the morning in a lot of pain. And then went to the hospital.'
He joked that he drank Adnams in the pub which had seemingly detracted from the pain he must have been in after the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Sheeran added: 'I was with a few people. They didn't even see the fall, they were really far in front of me. It wasn't my bike and it was brand new brakes. I was borrowing the bike.'
This is the first time the singer has had to cancel gigs because of something affecting him directly.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
'I do a one man show so me not having my arms is half of the show, so I've had to postpone a couple of shows which sucks,' he said.
'I tried to say I'll carry on doing shows but they said if I put anymore stress on it, I might not be able to play [guitar] again so it's good to be sensibe.'
On the subject of his recovery, he said: 'They are saying four weeks and then we'll look at it.'
He admitted he didn't wear a helmet or pads when he crashed and added: 'I don't think I'm going to cycle for a while. I've got quite a big tour next year.'
During the interview, Ed also talked about winning big at the Q Awards, skiing in his new music video and the darker side of fame.
He is joined on the show by Rita Ora, Gordon Ramsay and Russell Howard.
• Ed Sheeran will be on The Jonathan Ross Show, Saturday October 21 at 10.20pm on ITV.