East Norfolk Operatic Society to put on production of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Patience
- Credit: East Norfolk Operatic Society
East Norfolk Operatic Society's next production is one of Gilbert and Sullivan's most sparkling comedies Patience.
Patience is the duo's comic opera lampooning the aesthetic movement of the 1880s, with fleshly poets, lovesick maidens, an earthy milkmaid and burly dragoons galore.
With some of Sullivan's finest music and Gilbert at his most satirical, this is a rare treat to enjoy at the Maddermarket.
Patience was the sixth operatic collaboration of fourteen between Gilbert and Sullivan. It ran for a total of 578 performances, which was seven more than the authors' earlier work, H.M.S. Pinafore.
Performances are at 7.30pm each evening from Wednesday, May 9 to Saturday, May 12, with a matinee show on the Saturday at 2.30pm
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.enosoc.co.uk or for tickets, at £14, visit www.maddermarket.co.uk
ON Friday night, students aged 18 and under can purchase tickets for £10.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk