East Norfolk Operatic Society to put on production of Gilbert and Sullivan’s Patience
- Credit: East Norfolk Operatic Society
East Norfolk Operatic Society's next production is one of Gilbert and Sullivan's most sparkling comedies Patience.
Patience is the duo's comic opera lampooning the aesthetic movement of the 1880s, with fleshly poets, lovesick maidens, an earthy milkmaid and burly dragoons galore.
With some of Sullivan's finest music and Gilbert at his most satirical, this is a rare treat to enjoy at the Maddermarket.
Patience was the sixth operatic collaboration of fourteen between Gilbert and Sullivan. It ran for a total of 578 performances, which was seven more than the authors' earlier work, H.M.S. Pinafore.
Performances are at 7.30pm each evening from Wednesday, May 9 to Saturday, May 12, with a matinee show on the Saturday at 2.30pm
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.enosoc.co.uk or for tickets, at £14, visit www.maddermarket.co.uk
ON Friday night, students aged 18 and under can purchase tickets for £10.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode