Dutch post-rockers in Norwich
COLIN WILSON Dutch post-rockers We vs Death make a welcome return to Norwich Arts Centre tonight, Friday April 7, when they headline Wombatwombat's bill of bands that are celebrated for creating big, building soundscapes.
Dutch post-rockers We vs Death make a welcome return to Norwich Arts Centre tonight, Friday April 7, when they headline Wombatwombat's bill of bands that are celebrated for creating big, building soundscapes.
Utrecht's finest guitars/ bass/ drums/ trumpet/ concertina combo will be previewing tunes from their soon-to-be released album, We Too Are Concerned/ We Too Are Concerned.
Joining We vs Death in the main auditorium are Norwich-based trio .Sub who are playing their first gig for eight months, showcasing some new material ahead of the release of their debut EP, which is planned for the summer.
Gig openers The Shadow Project wowed audiences at Wombatwombat's Waterloo Park walkabout 4 last July thanks to their heady mixture of guitar and sample-driven ambient/ experimental/electronica.
As ever, there's even more great music in the bar thanks to Howlback Hum's line-up of local talent, which tonight is dubbed “a dusky pop night” and stars Fiel Garvie, eLsuB, Hoofus, Ashley Smith, Alto 45, The Sally Army and Rory McVicar.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 9 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Doors open 7.30pm. Tickets at £5 in advance from NAC box office, 01603 660352. Tickets are £6 on the door.