Dutch bands at Wombat's mini all-dayer
COLIN WILSON Wombatwombat and Amsterdam-based promoters subbacultcha! present an Anglo/Dutch mini-all-dayer at B2, Sprowston Road, Norwich, this Saturday (from 4pm).
Wombatwombat and Amsterdam-based promoters subbacultcha! present an Anglo/Dutch mini-all-dayer at B2, Sprowston Road, Norwich, this Saturday (from 4pm).
The event showcases a spectrum of the exciting underground sounds of Norwich and The Netherlands as well as being the eagerly-awaited debut gig for UH-OHs, a local trio of familiar faces. Norwich's Low-era Bowie-inspired atmospheric rock trio .Sub take the headline slot previewing tracks from the Oxytocin EP, which is out in early 2008. The Netherlands' guitar/bass/drum/trumpet combo We vs. Death make a welcome return to Norwich with their trail-blazing sound that combines the energy and passion of bands such as Fugazi and Karate with the beauty of post-rock.
Fellow Dutchmen Adept include Liars, New Order and Thom Yorke among their influences with the band choosing “heavy pumping beats with restrained, sensual vocals and loud noise eruptions” as a guide to what to expect. Their 2007-released debut was extremely well received by the Dutch press, as were their performances supporting Enter Shikari and 65 Days of Static.
You may also want to watch:
Local lads Cineclub liken their pop melodies alongside dancing guitars to whirlwind indie punk that's in debt to David Bowie, The Clash and The Jam.
The line-up is completed by the Dutch collective Bonne Aparte, guitar-pop/rock band Tell Me How who are currently working on their debut album, Jim Musgrave (The Elephant Dress and my visor) and UH-OHs who formed in August this year through a mutual love of Pixies-esque loud/quiet/loud school of punk rock. The band take the stage at 4.10pm. Tickets £5 on the door.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
t Wombatwombat say there will also be Dutch fayre on offer to try free of charge, subject to availability, including pickled herring and salted liqourice.