Drink tea for the Big C
Stacia BriggsIt's time to put the kettle on for a good cause – the Big C Cuppa Week is the perfect opportunity to raise a teacup and raise funds for the cancer charity right here on our doorstep.www.big-c.co.ukStacia Briggs
It's time to put the kettle on for a good cause - the Big C Cuppa Week is the perfect opportunity to raise a teacup and raise funds for the cancer charity right here on our doorstep.
This year's Big C Cuppa Week, sponsored by Aquaterra Energy, is taking place from May 12 to 18. It couldn't be easier to take part: simply invite your friends, family and colleagues round, put the kettle on and get collecting.
For the past two years, we have asked for your help in supporting Big C Cuppa Week and the response has been incredible and heartwarming; more than �32,000 has been raised, cash which has been spent in our region on local people affected by cancer.
Once again, we're asking businesses, clubs, schools and community groups to join in - every penny really does count, and supporting Big C in a small way will make a big difference.
With this year marking the 30th anniversary of Big C, the charity has '30 for 30' theme; it hopes to encourage 30 local businesses to pledge �5,000 each and will be holding a series of 1930s style events.
Lesley Cologne, community fundraising manager for Big C, said: 'This year we're hoping that more members of our local community than ever will join in our Big Cuppa week in support of the brilliant work that Big C do.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
'This is an ideal opportunity, in this our 30th year, for you to dust down those best china teacups and inject some old-fashioned glamour at your Cuppa by holding a 1930s-style tea party - why not go the whole hog and dress in the style of the 1930s?
'It's our hope that this initiative will grow and grow and that Cuppas will be held all over the county.'
Lesley added that 30th year Cuppa fundraising packs are available from Big C, call Norwich (01603) 619900, visit www.big-c.co.uk (where you can download Big Cuppa posters) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Big C will provide you with all the advertising material and all the help that you need to throw a truly fabulous tea party with a conscience.