Dreamboats and Petticoats stars bring some extra 1960s style to a Norwich restaurant
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Stars of the musical Dreamboats and Petticoats brought some extra 1960s style to a city restaurant when they took a break from the show currently at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Laura Darton and Alastair Hill, who play Sue and Norman, visited Ed's Easy Diner at intu Chapelfield to sample some milkshakes and spread the word about the musical - and they said they have been having a great time in the city.
Alastair said: 'Our first night was wonderful. We had a packed house. Everyone laughed a lot and clapped a lot. It was great.'
Laura added: 'It is one of those shows that makes you feel good. It is upbeat and lovely, and it is great to see all the audience singing and dancing along.'
The show, which runs until Saturday, is filled with 1950s and 1960s hits and tells the story of musicians Norman and Bobby who compete to win a song-writing competition and the attention of the beautiful Sue.
To book tickets, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown