Diversity to bring circus-themed tour to Norwich
Street dance sensation Diversity will bring their circus-themed UK tour to Norwich this October.
Audiences will be able to enjoy ringside views of the circus spectacular, Ignite, in a 2000-seat big top arena at Earlham Park from Friday, October 5 to Sunday 7.
Ten years after winning Britain's Got Talent, seven sell-out UK tours, half a million sold tickets and plenty of television and live performances, Diversity are promising a show that will give crowds the true circus experience.
Created by Ashley Banjo, Ignite is a fusion from the best of the world of street dance and some of the most talented circus performers from around the globe.
It will include street dance, acrobatics, death-defying stunts and magic.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Waters, leader of Norwich City Council, said: 'We are very excited that this unique show is coming to Norwich and look forward to hosting Diversity at Earlham Park.
'As a Circus 250 host city, we are already celebrating all things circus this year, and these performances will be another opportunity for residents to enjoy this fascinating art form and witness world class dance.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
Circus250 is a country-wide celebration of 250 years of circus in the UK.
Its director Dea Birkett said: 'The city has a long tradition of circus.
'PT Barnum used to parade his elephants in Norwich and it's currently home to the internationally renowned Lost in Translation Circus as well as The Oak Circus Centre.'
Diversity will join a growing list of high-profile acts to have performed at Earlham Park in recent years, following the success of events such as Radio 1's Big Weekend, Let's Rock festivals and Sunday Sessions.
More than 22,000 people came to Earlham Park over the course of a single weekend for Let's Rock Norwich and Sunday Sessions.
Organisers Matt Smith and Nick Billinghurst promised to be back 'bigger and better' next year.
'Over 22,000 people joined us over the weekend at Earlham Park for Lets Rock Norwich and Sunday Sessions and we are overwhelmed by the support we have received,' they said.
Tickets for Diversity's Ignite street dance circus tour are on sale at www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 0333 321 9999.
Prices range from £30 for tiered seating to £100 for a ringside meet and greet.