Diversity to bring circus-themed tour to Norwich
Street dance sensation Diversity will bring their circus-themed UK tour to Norwich this October.
Audiences will be able to enjoy ringside views of the circus spectacular, Ignite, in a 2000-seat big top arena at Earlham Park from Friday, October 5 to Sunday 7.
Ten years after winning Britain's Got Talent, seven sell-out UK tours, half a million sold tickets and plenty of television and live performances, Diversity are promising a show that will give crowds the true circus experience.
Created by Ashley Banjo, Ignite is a fusion from the best of the world of street dance and some of the most talented circus performers from around the globe.
It will include street dance, acrobatics, death-defying stunts and magic.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Waters, leader of Norwich City Council, said: 'We are very excited that this unique show is coming to Norwich and look forward to hosting Diversity at Earlham Park.
'As a Circus 250 host city, we are already celebrating all things circus this year, and these performances will be another opportunity for residents to enjoy this fascinating art form and witness world class dance.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
Circus250 is a country-wide celebration of 250 years of circus in the UK.
Its director Dea Birkett said: 'The city has a long tradition of circus.
'PT Barnum used to parade his elephants in Norwich and it's currently home to the internationally renowned Lost in Translation Circus as well as The Oak Circus Centre.'
Diversity will join a growing list of high-profile acts to have performed at Earlham Park in recent years, following the success of events such as Radio 1's Big Weekend, Let's Rock festivals and Sunday Sessions.
More than 22,000 people came to Earlham Park over the course of a single weekend for Let's Rock Norwich and Sunday Sessions.
Organisers Matt Smith and Nick Billinghurst promised to be back 'bigger and better' next year.
'Over 22,000 people joined us over the weekend at Earlham Park for Lets Rock Norwich and Sunday Sessions and we are overwhelmed by the support we have received,' they said.
Tickets for Diversity's Ignite street dance circus tour are on sale at www.ticketmaster.co.uk or by calling 0333 321 9999.
Prices range from £30 for tiered seating to £100 for a ringside meet and greet.