Director tells of delight at response to Norwich’s feast for the senses
Audiences have been having a great time at this year's Norwich Sound and Vision, and director Adrian Cooke said he is delighted to see so many people enjoying the festival.
Now in its fifth year, the three-day music and media extravaganza has once again brought an array of established and emerging acts to the city and has also been presenting a packed conference programme provoking debate and discussion about the creative industries.
'It's been great so far. The beer festival has been busy, the gigs have been really busy and the conference has been really good and well attended,' Mr Cooke said.
'People are having fun and everyone seems to have a smile on their face.
'NS+V has got a really good feel about it this year.
You may also want to watch:
'I think we have upped our game with the bands, with the gigs on a much larger scale.'
He said he went around every venue on Thursday night and that he was really pleased to see a good audience at each event.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
'My personal highlight on Thursday was seeing Public Service Broadcasting and Radiophonic Workshop, at Epic,' he said.
'It seemed a very apt way to end the first day – a radio-visual feast. It really set the tone for the festival.'
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email Evening News arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org