Derren Brown tour set for Lowestoft
JONATHAN REDHEAD Illusionist and mind-controller Derren Brown is the latest in a list of big names to head to Lowestoft this year.
Illusionist and mind-controller Derren Brown is the latest in a list of big names to head to Lowestoft this year.
The TV star, famous for his recent controversial Heist programme on Channel 4 - where he persuaded four managers unwittingly to carry out an armed robbery - is set to come to the town's Marina Theatre as part of his national tour, Something Wicked This Way Comes.
The 34-year-old has been hailed as a "phenomenon" for his work including live Russian roulette and séance TV specials.
He will be performing at the 750-seat theatre on April 23.
Before then, top comedian Jimmy Carr, singer Barbara Dickson and former footballer and pundit Jimmy Greaves are set to entertain at Britain's most easterly theatre.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
Venues manager Martin Halliday said: "We are very pleased to announce that Derren Brown will bring his mini tour to the Marina.
"This comes on the back of Jimmy Carr selling out and these are big-time performers who'll be appearing in town."
Tickets go on sale today. To reserve seats, phone the box office on 01502 533200.