Mind magician Derren Brown heads to Netflix
- Credit: PA
Illusionist Derren Brown has announced his deal with streaming giant Netflix ahead of his tour dates in the east of England - he promises the brand new show will be 'jaw-dropping'. We can't wait.
The master of mind control, Derren Brown – whose tour comes to the East of England in the summer – has announced he will be appearing in a Netflix-only special later this year.
Additionally, his Channel 4 special, Derren Brown: The Push, will also be made available on the streaming giant on February 27 with a second, Derren Brown: Miracle, to follow later in the year.
On Twitter, Brown said: '(Gentle cough) pleased to announce that The Push (To The Edge) will be show on Netflix from Feb 27th worldwide. Two more specials will appear on Netflix later this year, including a big brand new one, which I have just today completed filming. Have been secretly very busy.'
The award-winning master of illusion brought his Underground show to Ipswich's Regent Theatre last summer and will be performing the show at Norwich's Theatre Royal on June 19 to 23, which brings together a collection of his best work and promises a jaw-dropping experience of magical genius and epic showmanship.
You may also want to watch:
Brown is the latest British star to sign a deal with Netflix, following fast in the footsteps of Ricky Gervais and Charlie Brooker. Catastrophe writer Sharon Horgan has recently signed a deal with Amazon, but has promised that her sitcom about the perils of one-night stands and parenting she co-writes with Rob Delaney will remain on Channel 4.
* Tickets for Derren Brown's Norwich dates are available from www.theatreroyal.co.uk or by calling the box office on 01603 630000.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 6 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 7 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 8 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles