Dereham Band's Christmas concert
Emma Knights Dereham Band is getting ready to perform its annual Christmas Concert.The music group is a traditional brass band which plays a wide range of music encompassing a classical and popular repertoire.
Dereham Band is getting ready to perform its annual Christmas Concert.
The music group is a traditional brass band which plays a wide range of music encompassing a classical and popular repertoire.
Its festive concert will be at Dereham Memorial Hall on Saturday, December 13 at 7.30pm.
Dereham Band has a 75 year history having been formed in 1931, and through the years it has been known by a number of different names, originally called the Dereham Royal British Legion Band, then the East Dereham Silver Prize Band, and finally the Dereham Band.
The band enters one or two competitions each year but its main purpose is to provide musical entertainment to as many people as possible. Over the years the band has accompanied many events in Dereham including the annual Armistice Day and Battle of Britain parades.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 4 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 5 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
The band often raises money for charity. It raised funds for the Dereham Club for the Blind and Dereham Cancer Care from a performance at the town's Morrisons store on Sunday and the band will also be doing a charity performance at Dereham's Tesco store on Sunday, December 7.
Tickets for the Christmas Concert cost £5 for stalls and £5.50 for the circle. Concessions are available and children under 14 go free.
Tickets can be purchased at the door or in advance from Knitwits shop, which is near Dereham's Cherry Tree Car Park.
Dereham Band is always pleased to see new faces both in the audience or playing along with the band.
For more information on the band visit www.dereham-band.co.uk